Talus Partners is looking for a candidate with strong Digital, Web and Agile background. The ideal candidate will have experience working on small to large size projects.
Duration: 6+ Month Contract potential contract to hire
The Project Manager will work on a highly visible corporate website project. Responsible for planning, securing resources, control of deliverables including deployment planning and acceptance, project financials, tollgate preparation and execution, and project documentation. Manages day-to-day activities of multiple business-sponsored IT projects. Responsible for successfully planning, managing and reporting on the work of multiple project teams of varying sizes, often involving third party vendors. Delivers projects on time, within budget, and within scope.
- Manage project budget, strictly adhere to all financial protocols, e.g., forecasting, variance explanation, weekly actuals review and discrepancy resolution, and change control processes.
- Develops and maintains detailed work breakdown structures using Microsoft project.
- Ensures the effective utilization of resources assigned to the project team.
- Liaises with project team members and the Program Manager/IT Project Lead to ensure that objectives and expectations are clearly understood by all parties; regularly communicates project information including the status of deliverables, scope changes, risk and issues.
- Ensures scope changes are reviewed and approved by the Program Manager/IT Project Lead and Business Sponsor where appropriate.
- Evaluates project activities utilizing quality measurements and monitoring mechanisms to ensure that deliverables meet or exceed expectations and integrate with overall project effort.
- Adheres to established project management practices by leveraging and promoting the use of existing tools and defined processes, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Succinctly and accurately renders all facets of project health, risks and issues.
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting key commitments; the right individual will be dedicated to enabling the success of multiple project teams.
- 8-10+ years of IT Project Management experience. Managing Digital, Marketing and Web Development projects
- Candidates must have experience managing programs
- Agile experience is a must-have.
- Experience with working on Website Development projects is a huge plus.
- Strong IT Application Project Management skills required; must have experience project managing all phases of the SDLC
- Core skills include Project Plan/WBS Creation, Execution/Task Management, Resource Acquisition/Oversight, Financial Management, Implementation/Release Planning, Acceptance, Documentation Management and Closeout.
- Proficient in MS-Office products including MS-Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Energetic, quick learner, able to work independently and as a member of a team; able to quickly learn and apply established frameworks and processes.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills; proven ability to establish credibility.
- Experience working with matrixed teams and third-party vendors.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing industry is a plus.
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification strongly preferred.
- Experience with Clarity and SharePoint is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or comparable education and experience.
- Experience in digital strategy, social media marketing, search engine optimization is a plus